Urban Impact is a family owned and operated business, and is a privately held company. We are committed to operating in an economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner, recognizing the interests of investors, customers, employees, business partners, local communities, the environment and society at large.
Through initiatives in the workplace, marketplace, and our communities, our goal is to transform attitudes towards waste – we want people to think of waste as a valuable resource.
Urban Impact Chosen as Top Private Sector Business in BC by Recycling Council of BC
Urban Impact was selected by Recycling Council of BC for the Private Sector Award for Environmental Leadership. The coveted award has been previously won by BC giants such as Staples and London Drugs who have taken huge leadership steps in environmental programs. For more information, visit www.rcbc.bc.ca.
Nicole Stefenelli was selected by Ernst & Young as Entrepreneur of the Year (Pacific) in the Clean Tech Category
On September 28, 2010, Nicole was selected by Ernst and Young (E&Y) as Entrepreneur of the Year (Pacific) in the Clean Tech Category. The E&Y Entrepreneur of the Year recognizes high-achieving entrepreneurs in Canada and around the world who drive growth, transform industries and build communities. The Canadian program is in its 17th year of honouring the country’s most impressive entrepreneurs from all areas of business. Nicole was honoured with this award at a gala ceremony attended by 1,300 members of the B.C. business community.
Urban Impact’s values are reflected in the following principles:
- Zero waste philosophy. We are committed to running carbon neutral operations, maximizing landfill diversion and finding environmentally sensitive end uses for all materials. We strive to create as little waste as possible. Click here to read about our environmental “best practices” that can be replicated in your own business operations.
- Responsible employer. We treat all of our employees with respect and to strive to help them develop their individual skills.
- Customer service. We are committed to providing outstanding customer service. Our team has an open, supportive, high-value and help attitude towards our customers. We’re committed to offering customers value, transparency and certainty in our pricing, providing flexibility to meet changing needs.
- Reciprocity. We are committed to using our customers’ services and products wherever and whenever possible. We treat our customers as we would like to be treated ourselves and pay all suppliers in a timely fashion.
- Local economy. We are committed to selecting local markets to sell recycled product, to looking for local uses, and supporting local companies. Urban Impact has a reputation for providing high quality recyclable materials to end-markets and processors.
- Giving back. We are committed to supporting the community we live in. We encourage our employees to take time and give back to their community.
Urban Impact is committed to donating 1% of net fee revenue to the communities we live in.