Shipper/ Loader OperatorPosted: December 14th, 2016
Title: Shipper/Loader Operator
Reports to: Plant Manager
Date: December 2016
Urban Impact has an opening for a Shipper/Baler Operator based in the Richmond Plant. We are looking for an experienced candidate with great people skills who likes variety in their job and has a passion for the environment. As Shipper, you are a key equipment operator in the Plant, ensuring that Urban Impact ships saleable, quality materials to the market. The Shipper is expected to ensure that shipping of materials goes smoothly, efficiently and cost effectively. As Loader Operator, you are likely the most productive operator in the plant. Communication with other Plant staff members is key to ensuring smooth operations. Previous forklift and loader experience is essential.
Main Job Duties:
- Loader Operations
- Responsible for organizing bale storage area and safe stacking of all bales produced during shift and ensuring bales are put into specific and designated bale storage areas.
- Inspect bales for quality and ensure product meets industry quality standards.
- Communicate and work cooperatively with Scale Operator and Plant Manager to ensure that all loads are shipped within Shipping Time Guidelines as follows: Trailers OCC – 25 min, ONP – 30 min. Containers High Cube – 20 min, Standard 30 min.
- Ensure the area in front of Doors A and B and the inside bale storage area is neat, organized and free of debris on a consistent basis.
- Identify in-bound loads with contamination and report to Scale Operator with recommended downgrades.
- Proactively communicate with the Plant Manager to ensure the day’s priorities are understood and carried out.
- Takes initiative to recommend day to day process improvements in plant operations and processes to Plant Manager.
- Maintain a consistent feed of materials on sortline and MCO compactor.
- Ensure bunkers are pushed and clear for truck traffic.
- Previous Forklift and Loader experience
- Team player
- Able to demonstrate safe lifting practices of up to 50 lbs.
- Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills