Looking to increase your recycling rates and reduce operating costs? Did you know that paper products are one of the largest consumables in offices? Our Office Recycling Program is designed to cover all your office recycling needs, from paper and cardboard, bottles and cans to e-waste.
If your office isn’t recycling, it’s time to get started!
Our dedicated teams provide:
• Waste Audits
Urban Impact’s Office Recycling Program is Good for - office buildings,property management companies, corporate and institution clients and waste haulers.
Paper Recycling Benefits
- Financial savings from decreased garbage disposal costs.
- Environmental benefits from cutting fewer trees and energy savings from less virgin paper production. By recycling paper and using recycled paper, trees are spared — every ton of paper made from recycled fiber saves approximately 17 trees.
- Recycling enhances your company’s image.
- Recycling saves space.
- Reducing your office waste is easy: recycling is an easy way to reduce waste.
The Elements of a Successful Office Recycling Program
To help your paper recycling program succeed, our recycling team will help you with:
- Employee participation: We’ll provide advice on how to get all players—employees, recycling coordinators, janitorial staff, facilities managers, and others—on the same page.
- Source separation: We’ll provide advice on how to efficiently separate your materials.
- Provide sufficient instructions: We’ll label your bins and containers with clear information about what to put in — and what to keep out.
- Awareness building: We’ll help you promote your recycling program through newsletters, posters, e-mail, and company meetings. Let everyone know how the program is going, including how much waste is being saved — or could be saved — from landfills.
- Continuous improvement: We’ll provide ideas for continuous improvement, fresh thinking, and a periodic overhauling of the recycling program.
How to Get Started
We’ve helped many businesses to create workable and efficient recycling systems:
- We’ll provide a customized collection system and pick-up schedule.
- We also provide monitoring, measuring, and reporting services.
- Our friendly, uniformed and bonded drivers will pick-up directly from your office on a pre-arranged schedule.
It’s important to educate your staff on what materials are to be accepted for recycling. To ensure your recycling program us a success, we’ll provide;
Recycling Fact Sheets
|Mixed Paper Recycling||Mixed Containers Recycling||Organics|
- Recycling signage
- Recycling collateral fact sheets. Find out what is and what is not recyclable.
- Recycling education sessions for staff members
We’ll help you remind your employees that waste reduction and recycling is the way you operate your business. Find out more about recycling education.
Our services always start with a free consultation.
- We’ll conduct a site assessment of your site to understand the challenges you face.
- We’ll provide you with strategic advice on how to improve your office’s recycling.
- We’ll develop a custom recycling plan designed to improve your office’s program.
We recommend placing office bins and containers in the following locations:
- In convenient, well-traveled areas like restrooms, cafeterias, and copier rooms.
- Right by everyone’s desk.
Urban Impact’s recycling bins and containers were designed to accommodate all sizes of recycling programs and office set-ups.
- Desk side Boxes help office staff easily collect their office waste from workstations, printers and fax machines.
- Larger, centralized containers – called ReBoxes – are provided for the bulk collection of the office paper. ReBoxes can be located centrally in each office or strategically placed throughout the office.
- 96 gallon Tote Bins: If you want to preserve office space by storing recyclable office paper outside your work area or in your warehouse, we’ll provide 96 gallon Tote Bins.
- Labeled Blue Boxes are provided for easy collection and storage of any mixed or refundable beverage containers (glass, metal and plastic) from your lunchroom.
- We also provide Shredding Services for confidential, secure document destruction prior to recycling.
- We provide a variety of secure containers.
The Urban Impact team is ready to help you Rethink, Reduce, Re-use and Recycle.
Ready to get started? Simply contact us to set up an Office Recycling Program Today.
What Other Materials Can You Recycle In Your Office?
- All office paper materials
- Mixed containers (glass, metal and plastic)
- Refundables (beverage containers)
- Soft Plastics (strapping, shrink or bubble wrap, and plastic bags)
- Organics (food waste)
- Electronic Waste