Styrofoam Recycling - Expanded Polystyrene Recycling and the July 2018 Disposal Ban
Styrofoam is everywhere! It holds your food, secures items in packages and provides insulation in homes. It’s also known as plastic #6, which you’ve seen used in plastic cups.
Styrofoam has become a significant source of waste for many manufacturers and distributors. It’s hazardous to produce and difficult to recycle.
Styrofoam is bulky and lightweight and represents a large portion of the region's garbage. Instead of being disposed of, styrofoam can be recycled.
There’s a financial deterrent for not recycling. Surcharges can be applied if Styrofoam is found in found in the garbage at Metro Vancouver disposal facilities.
Have large volumes of Styrofoam?
Now, it’s easy to have your Styrofoam picked up:
- We provide on-call collection services for Styrofoam and ALL classes of plastic material.
- We’ll provide storage containers.
- We pick-up your Styrofoam waste (for existing customers) on an on-call basis.
- Collection frequency will depend on the volume of Styrofoam you generate (Please keep Styrofoam separated from all other classes of plastic and paper (no food containers).
- We’ll take your material to a processing center.
The recycled Styrofoam is made available as raw material to manufacturers who are using it for home building material, air cargo pallets, packaging, and more.
If you are an existing commercial customer that generates or produces large quantities of Styrofoam, contact us to get started!
Please note, we currently don’t provide Styrofoam recycling services in Calgary at this time.
Lower your regular waste hauling expense and help save the environment!
If you an existing commercial customer that generates or produces large quantities of Styrofoam, contact us to get started!
Getting a quote is quick and easy.