Giving Back to Our Community
At Urban Impact, we’re achieving community impact. We believe it’s all about giving back to those in our community that need support to better their lives.
- We commit the equivalent of 1% of our annual pre-tax profit to assist Metro Vancouver and Calgary charities.
- We provide free recycling services as an in-kind contribution and we continuously give back to our community by supporting a wide variety of community events.
- We encourage all of our employees to give back in their own way. Giving back to the community helps us to understand that what while what we do as a business is important, the things each of us can do for our entire community are even more valuable.
- We are constantly seeking to improve our environment. We support numerous cultural, educational, environmental and community projects.
- We provide recycling services and advice to help Events and Festivals go green.
Select Community Giving Initiatives
Select examples of Urban Impact’s Community Impact include:
- volunteering with charity fundraisers
- helping municipalities and not-for-profits with recycling at Festivals and Events
- Providing recycling education School Tours for Grade 4/5 students
- Holding community Shred-a-thons, donating funds from Shred Days to support organizations such as the Japanese Red Cross
- Supporting golf tournaments like Big Sisters and the Dragon Boat Society of BC.
We believe these initiatives will be an important part in building better communities where we serve.
Free Recycling for Charities
Each year, we step away from the business for a moment and look for ways to focus on the needs of the less fortunate. We are pleased to offer free recycling services to Metro Vancouver and Calgary charities.
Urban Impact believes that providing free recycling as an in-kind contribution helps participating charities reduce the waste disposal and operating costs. The free recycling services helps them be able to use their scarce funds to do what they do best – help others.
Charitable Giving Program
Urban Impact is accepting nominations from charities in Metro Vancouver and Calgary for our 2011 Charitable Giving Program. We are really proud that to date in 2012, we have donated over $75,000 in inkind services.
How Your Charity can Participate!
We are accepting applications for our 2013 Charitable Giving Program. We enjoy investing in the communities where we work and live. Urban Impact provides up to a maximum of $75 of inkind recycling services ( per location).
Please send us an email and provide the following information:
- the name of the charity making the request
- Contact information
- The recycling services you require ( ie., paper or cardboard).
- A brief description of your charity’s cause.
- Our Charitable Giving Program starts in January.
- Urban Impact will provide free recycling services (up to $75 per month per charity).
Charities are invoiced quarterly for the services provided.
- Charities pay as invoiced.
- In January of each year, Urban Impact will reimburse each charity to a maximum of $900..
- Some charities will qualify for $900 per year per site (charities with multiple sites); this additional support is reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Charities will issue Urban Impact a donation receipt.
Contact us today to set up a Zero Waste Recycling Program for your charity. We appreciate opportunities to give back to our community.
Below are a few of the events and organizations that we have been privileged to serve as part of our way to give back to the communities we value:
Alzheimer Society of BC
Aunt Leah’s Independent Lifeskills Society
BC Centre for Ability Association
Big Sisters of BC
Boys and Girls Club- Kimount
Boys and Girls Club-Fraserview
Boys and Girls Club- North Van
Brock House Society
Canadian Cancer Society
Canadian Parks and Wilderness
Come Share Society
Delta Arts Council
Delta Farmland Wildlife Trust
Delta Hospice Society
Delta Hospital Auxiliary
Downs Syndrome Research Foundation
Early Music Vancouver
Ending Violence Association
Everywoman’s Health Centre
Family services of the North Shore
Greater Vancouver Youth for Christ
Habitat for Humanity
Heart & Stroke Foundation
Kiwanis Care Centre
Kla-how-eya Aboriginal Centre
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
Lookout Emergency Society
Newton Advocacy Group Society
Playhouse Theater Centre of BC
Positive Living Society of BC
Progressive Housing Society
Quest Food Exchange
Richmond Food Bank
Richmond Hospital Auxiliary
Richmond Youth Service Agency
Roedde House Preservation Society
Ronald Macdonald House
Ten Thousand Villages
The Easter Seals House
Union Gospel Mission
Vancouver Chamber Choir
Vancouver Humane Society
Vancouver International Writers Festival
Vancouver Native Health
Vancouver Theatre Sports League
Winskill Boys and Girls Club
Wish Drop In Centre Society
YWCA Program Centre
As we try to do our part in helping make our community and the environment a better place, we acknowledge your efforts – THANK YOU for all you do for our communities!