A Unique Opportunity- a one year contract.
Are you not looking forward to online learning in the fall? Why not consider a gap year! Urban Impact is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is interested in learning in a dynamic work environment. We are looking for a candidate who enjoys learning, multi tasking, communication both written and verbal.
The position will support a few departments including safety and our collection division. We have had success in the role previously and have ensured clean lines of communication and role definition.
If you are looking for a fun and dynamic workplace with excellent benefits and support for career advancement, apply to join the Urban Impact team and grow with us today!
You are eager to build your career and have a hands-on approach and are interested to dive in with enthusiasm and a learning opportunity, you are the right candidate. Ideally you bring a friendly, authentic and forward-thinking approach to your communications and staff interactions and a practical but thorough approach to safety.
This role requires a mature, friendly, and professional can-do attitude. You will need the confidence to pursue best practices and come up with recommendations.
Safety will include:
- Support Safety Manager with a range of duties.
- Continuous updating of Employee Safety Boards
- Assist in creating training modules for UI employees
- Technical report writing for JOSH Meetings, First Aid, Incidents, and Inspections
- Participate in JOSH meetings with Safety Managers interests and correct any JOSH meeting items
- Support Safety program by helping with managing content for Tool Box Talks, documentation, and Return to Work.
- Ordering necessary safety supplies while managing supply stock collection
- Assist with data entry, analysis, reports and presentations
Other tasks depending on the candidates experience and aptitude
Do you have what it takes?
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to learn
- Confidence to learn and grow skill set
- Completion of safety courses and work experience in safety is an asset
- Experience in Office administration or organization
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities in a tactful, decisive, and resourceful manner
- Able to connect & interact with people of all experiences and cultures
- High level of integrity with the ability to handle confidential information
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Exceptionally detail oriented with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Technically savvy (Microsoft Office & Excel) with the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Self-starter with the ability to collaborate well across diverse teams.
- A passion for the environment is a big plus!
We offer a superior compensation package including a competitive starting hourly rate, Profit Sharing, RRSP matching, Enhanced Health Benefits plan including Medical and Dental coverage, a new Health Savings Account, Incentives to staying healthy at work and wellness incentive and even an incentive for getting to work in an environmentally friendly way!
Set Your Career in Motion
We have an awesome team and a fun environment.
To join the Urban Impact team please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org