Events and Festivals Recycling
Urban Impact: Helping Events and Festivals Work Towards Achieving Zero Waste
Materials left behind Events and Festivals can be a valuable resource!
Public events and festivals often create a huge amount of waste. Whether it’s a sports event, music festival or community event, when people come together lots of waste tends to be left behind. When recycled, these materials can be a valuable resource.
In response to growing public concern, many events are stepping up their greening efforts by recycling with Urban Impact! Our Zero Waste Stations were designed to help the public recycle/compost at events and festivals.
Find Out if Your Event or Festival is Eligible
Your community event or festival may be eligible for partially-donated recycling services (subject to our internal review process) or there may be costs allocated. Please contact us to find out if your event is eligible for Urban Impact’s Festival and Events Recycling Services.
Please note, our Events and Festivals Recycling Services are extremely popular. We receive hundreds of requests, including many last minute requests that we can not accomodate.
Don’t be disappointed! In order for your event or festival to be considered, please be advised:
- We require a minimum of three months (90 days) notice.
- There is no guarantee; however, we do our best to accomodate the requests that we receive.
- In some cases, we will agree to partner with your event or festival as a strategic sponsor.
- In other cases, there may be costs associated (delivery, pick up, and disposal).
- We do not provide on site staffing for Events and Festivals.
- Based on the size of your event or festival, we will recommend how many Zero Waste Stations you will require.
- We deliver and pick up (only) the Zero Waste Stations to a centralized location; we do not have staff available to set up your site.
- Our Zero Waste Stations must be handled with extreme care as they are fragile; we may request a security deposit.
To Find out more: Contact us today. Please provide us with the date(s), location event details and size of your event. We will provide you recommendations and a quote for services.
Urban Impact Helps Events and Festivals Go Green
Every event and festival has special features and unique challenges and its own way of handling them. When it comes to waste reduction and recycling, festivals, events and fairs share some circumstances that are important to consider when you develop plans for waste reduction and recycling.
Advantages of Recycling
At Urban Impact, we believe that encouraging recycling activity at events:
- Preserves natural resources and saves on landfill charge
- Can significantly improve the public’s perception of the event.
Work towards achieving Zero Waste
Our Zero Waste Stations will help your event or festival move towards achieving Zero Waste by recycling three waste streams:
Advance Planning is the Key to Success
We believe advance planning is key in making your waste reduction efforts successful. For event organizers,taking steps to limit waste in the first place goes a long way in reducing litter, costs and the negative impacts that waste has on the environment.
We understand that special event organizers are busy with the task of organizing and managing their event, without adding recycling collection into their list of responsibilities. That’s why we’re here to help.
If Urban Impact is a strategic sponsor of an event, our Festival and Events team will:
- Liaise with event organizers to determine their specific requirements.
- Complete a site assessment so we can tailor a special events waste management plan to suit your needs.
- Determines appropriate waste removal times.
- Strategically place up to 12 Zero Waste Stations throughout the venue.
- Provide recycling volunteer training.
- Remove the Zero Waste Stations and haul away the totes, as well as all the materials diverted from the trash that were collected at the event.
- Provide post-event feedback and zero waste recommendations.
We believe it’s never too early to start the planning process for preventing and recycling waste for your event.
Our goal is to maximize capture rates of recyclables and minimize contamination levels. We’ll provide your event or festival with a green solution, providing simple solutions for separating waste streams and reducing contamination.
Demonstrate your commitment to our environment by having Urban Impact’s Zero Waste Stations at your events or festivals. Urban Impact makes it easy for you. Of course, each special event is different. Please Contact us and give us a minimum of three months advance warning. We’d like to discuss your recycling needs.
Waste prevention involves thinking about what actions will generate the least amount of waste. Beginning with pre-event planning, to day-of-event tips, and post-event evaluation, Urban Impact can help you take your event beyond just recycling to hosting an environmentally-friendly and sustainable event.
Increase Diversion Rates with Recycling “Green” Volunteers
Events that achieve the highest diversion rates have a committed team of recycling “green” volunteers. If you supply volunteers to help attendees make the right recycling choice at the Zero Waste Stations, we’ll provide volunteer training handouts.
Urban Impact’s Certificate of Diversion
Your event may be eligible to receive our Certificate of Diversion that outlines how much waste was diverted from the landfill.
A Track Record of Success
From City of Richmond’s Winterfest, to the Rio Tinto Alcan Dragon Boat Festival to Steveston Salmon Festival, We are really proud of the 16 events in 2011 that we’ve helped go green!
See some photos and get the latest news on Events and Festivals!
To find out more about more about how your event or festival can participate, contact us today.
“Thanks again for making Scotiabank’s Hockey Day in Richmond a big success this past Saturday at the Olympic Oval ! We are continuing to receive positive feedback from all our event and community partners on how much fun they had and requests to host it again in the future. Over 16,000 people attended throughout the day. Urban Impact’s continued support and the Zero Waste Stations for Richmond events are greatly appreciated.”
Manager, Sponsorship Development, City of Richmond