Are you complying with the Metro Vancouver 2015 Organics Ban?
In January 2015, Metro Vancouver introduced an organics disposal ban. All residents and businesses must separate food scraps from regular garbage. Every business in the Metro Vancouver area must have an Organics Recycling Program. Fines are issued to businesses that fail to comply with the ban. Did you know that food scraps make about 30% of the garbage going to the landfill?
Food isn’t garbage – It makes sense to recycle organics!
By segregating your food waste you can reduce waste going to landfill, which helps you, become a "zero waste to landfill" business. There is a great business case for taking your food waste seriously – properly managed it incurs to landfill tax, so it actively saves your business money.
Urban Impact’s Organics Recycling service gives your business the opportunity to really push your sustainability agenda by reducing your waste to landfill– while giving back to the environment with nutrient-rich resources to rejuvenate the land.
We provide Organics Recycling services for all business sizes. From waste audits to determine the biggest opportunities to improving your organic waste disposal processes.
Contact us and we'll arrange a convenient time to visit your site. By reviewing your waste volumes and container choice we can work to ensure the best waste management solution for your business.
Comprehensive Organics Management Solutions
Urban Impact offers comprehensive organics management solutions for a variety of industries, such as:
- Grocery food waste: Urban Impact offers total waste solutions for grocery stores.
- We work closely with the supermarket, retailers and building tenants to ensure wastage is kept to a minimum and improve resource recovery rates.
- Hotels and restaurants: We work with facility management, tenants, restaurants and other stakeholders to help our customers achieve their goals.
We utilize a variety of methods, such as waste audits, recycling education workshops and observation to find inefficiencies and improve sustainability rates and goals.
- We'll help you figure out how to set a system up, train tenants and janitorial staff, provide signage, organics collection bins and weekly pick-ups.
- We’ll provide recycling education and can conduct training sessions on best waste management practices and efficiencies.
- We'll help turn your food waste into a valuable resource and reduce your waste going to landfill.