Urban Impact is hiring an entry level position for a Recycling Plant Sorter at our New West Plant. The successful candidate will be trained on the job, previous warehouse experience is not necessary. This job is an excellent entry level job into a growing organization.
This position reports to the Sort Line Operator.
Main Job Duties
- Actively sorts materials for the designated sorting station in an efficient and timely manner
- Report any deficiencies or repairs to the Sorting Line Operator, immediately upon notification.
- During Mixed Container line stoppages, takes initiative to clean your work area of debris and refuse
- Takes specific direction from Mixed Container Operator or Shift Lead on daily priorities
- Clean all areas of the sorting line at the end of the shift to ensure maintenance can be safely performed in the area.
- Specific Clean up duties: Ensure that clean up of the Mixed Container line post shift is completed properly. The following areas should be free and clear of any debris, refuse or litter:
*Each sorting stations and surrounding area
*Clear debris from the floor under the sorting line & bunkers
- Back up: