Electronics and small appliances contain valuable resources that can easily be recycled. Keeping these items out of the landfill has significant environmental and health benefits.
In an age of rapidly changing technology, it is not surprising that electronic waste, or e-waste, continues to increase in volume.
Urban Impact collects electronics such as keyboards, CPU’s, laptops, cords and charges and monitors. We also collect small appliances, such as, coffee makers, blenders, toasters and mixers, hair dryers and microwaves.
Rather than throwing these items in the landfill, Urban Impact makes it simple and easy for you and your staff to recycle these valuable items.
Urban Impact has a collection system that allows you to mix both your electronic waste and small appliances in the same bin. There is no need to sort items or create space for additional collection bins. Here’s a short list of some of the items we collect. Please contact us for a complete list.
- Computers, laptops, monitors, keyboards printers and all peripherals. There is no need to remove or collect cords separately.
- Smaller devices such as tables, wireless devices, and earpods.
- Small appliances include mixers, microwaves, toaster ovens, and hand-held appliances.
Our Electronic and Small Appliance recycling program is pick-up only. We do not have a drop off location.
- About 75% of the weight of the average appliance comes from steel which is easily recycled.
- Any appliances with computer chips in them contain valuable metals that can be recovered, like gold.
- A 2016 report found that Canadians generate approximately 725,000 tonnes of e-waste each year. (source: University of British Columbia).
- The average Canadian gets a new electronic device every two years.