COVID-19 Safety Update
February 18, 2021
We’re working hard to keep customer and employees safe during COVID-19!
Safety is our priority, always. Urban Impact is committed to do everything we can to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our customers and our operating teams.
To ensure the safety and wellbeing of our community and adhere to provincial and public health guidelines, Urban Impact has developed a COVID-19 Safety Plan. This Safety Plan itemizes what Urban Impact is doing to protect its employees from exposure to COVID–19 at work, by assessing risk and implementing protocols, and through the development and implementation of safe work procedures. This is a living document - we are continually reviewing and amending our COVID Safety Plan.
In this unprecedented and challenging time, we continue providing essential waste, recycling and shredding services. We want to share our February 18, 2021 updated Response Plan and our dedication to continue supporting the communities we serve.
Like all businesses, we are following social distancing guidelines, including limiting the number of people in our facilities, implementing traffic flow in our facilities, requesting people maintain appropriate social distances during interactions to ensure they are complying with provincial orders.
To further ensure the safety of our customers and our team, we’re asking all employees to follow these requirements:
- Do not attend work if they have been out of Canada in the last 14 days.
- Self isolate if they have been directed so by a public health authority.
- Self isolate if they have been in contact with someone who is COVID 19 positive.
- If you have 1 or more COVID symptoms get a COVID test, only return to work once negative test is confirmed.
- Per the requirements of November 13, 2020 Provincial Health Order, all staff must submit a Daily Health Check to ensure that they are staying home if they have any COVID 19 symptoms.
- Temperature checks at the beginning and end of each shift
- Wearing a mask is mandatory when you are inside place of work or at customer location.
We are promoting and increasing our communication regarding:
- Social distancing, washing hands frequently, sanitizing hands if washing not available
- Wearing a mask when inside or one cannot socially distance
- Appropriate Personal Protection Equipment
- Sanitize their workspace
We would like to thank our valued customers for being patient, respecting the policies we have implemented to ensure the health and safety of our employees and customers and providing our teams with enough room to do their jobs so they can continue to assist you.