At Urban Impact, we’re achieving community impact. We’re proud to be known as a very giving organization.
We’re “your local recycling company” and are an active member of every community we operate in.
We’re proud of the active leadership role we take in the local community. We focus our efforts on environmental protection, community education and awareness, and other programs that directly involve our business.
We really care about our employees, customers, and community.
Urban Impact’s Community Giving Initiatives
Urban Impact’s customer-and-employee centric culture is captured in the ‘Urban Impact Way’, which employees live out every day. Select examples of Urban Impact’s Community Impact include:
- Providing opportunities for our employees to go above and beyond by volunteering. Employees like being able to tell friends and family that they are being paid to spend a day volunteering
- Helping a variety of Festivals and Events go green
- Providing free recycling educational School Tours for Grade 4/5 students
- Donating funds from Community Shred Days to help organizations such as the Japanese Red Cross, Fort McMurray Fire Relief, Canadian Red Cross, Pacific Assistance Dogs Society and Heart and Stroke Foundation BC. We have raised thousands of dollars for people in need due to disasters in our country and beyond. It’s times like these where we feel we are leaving our footprint on the world and giving back.
- Attending fun charity events like golf tournaments such as Big Sisters and the Dragon Boat Society of BC.
Our employees love being able to tell their friends and family that they are being paid to volunteer.
Urban Impact Makes an Impact by giving gifts in kind!
Each year, we step away from the business for a moment and look for ways to focus on the needs of the less fortunate. We love making an impact by giving in-kind recycling services to Metro Vancouver and Calgary charities. We’re really proud that we donated over $100,000 of in-kind recycling services in 2017. Our services help charities be able to use their scarce funds to do what they do best – help others.
2018 Charitable Giving Program
Urban Impact is accepting nominations from charities in Metro Vancouver and Calgary for our 2018 Charitable Giving Program.
How Your Charity can participate
Please send us an email and provide the following information:
- Charity name
- Contact information
- Recycling services you require (i.e.. paper or cardboard).
- A brief description of your charity’s cause.
How Urban Impact’s Charitable Giving Program Works
- Our Charitable Giving Program starts in January.
- Urban Impact will provide free recycling services (up to $75 per month per charity).
- Charities are invoiced quarterly for the services provided and pay as invoiced. In January of each year, Urban Impact will reimburse each charity (to a maximum of $900).
- Some charities will qualify for $900 per year per site (charities with multiple sites); we review this additional support on a case-by-case basis.
- Charities issue Urban Impact a donation receipt.
Inquire about setting up a Zero Waste Recycling Program for your charity.
As we try to do our part in helping make our community and the environment a better place, we acknowledge your efforts – THANK YOU for all you do for our communities!