Urban Impact is looking for a Commercial Transport or Heavy Duty Apprentice (Year 3 or higher) to join our busy Trucking Maintenance team in New Westminster.
This is a role that will appeal to those who have strong mechanical troubleshooting skills. Candidates with prior experience as a Commercial Transport or Heavy Duty Mechanic will be strongly considered. Persons with knowledge of Hydraulic Systems will have priority. Experience working on Forklifts and Loaders is an asset. Welding training is also considered an asset.
This position requires schedule flexibility, including weekends and over-time, and candidates must have reliable transportation.
Successful candidates will have multiple opportunities to advance their skills.
- Registered 3rd or 4th year Apprentice or Red Seal Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Valid Class 5 License and clean drivers abstract
- You are a talented, skilled and experienced individual that likes to get things done
- You enjoy fixing & repairing equipment and like seeing things come in broken and know you can get them fixed
- You have an interest in understanding how equipment works and why things break down
- Preventative maintenance experience
- A strong mechanical aptitude and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- The ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems
- Experience working on commercial industrial equipment is an asset
- Physical requirements of this position include the ability to push, pull, drag, and lift items up to 50 pounds, and occasionally must work at shoulder level with equipment weighing up to 25 pounds
- Ability to work in a team environment
- This role reports directly to the Maintenance Manager
- Perform scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune-ups
- Perform preventative maintenance on our fleet of trucks and rolling stock, including carrying out diagnostic tests and repairs to a variety of vehicles and equipment using modern maintenance practices
- Perform all work in accordance with safe work practices and procedures
- Participate in safety inspections, audits and hazard analysis
- Follow and comply with all safety policies and regulations
- Troubleshoot equipment issues and perform immediate repairs and/or fabricate and rebuild parts as necessary
- Install new equipment and overhaul or modify current equipment as required
- Execute work duties efficiently and safely
- Generate parts requests and purchase orders as required
- Complete all daily Technician reports
- Assist Maintenance Manager in preparing parts inventory and time evaluation for work orders
- Generate and improve of job plans, tasks, routes and maintenance standards
- Enforce and maintain maintenance best practices
- Support maintenance department in other activities as required
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with company standards
- Available for off-shift calls based on business requirements
We offer a superior compensation package including
- Competitive starting hourly rate
- Pay enhancer after probation and for air brake endorsement
- Performance bonus
- Profit Sharing
- RRSP matching
- Enhanced Health Benefits plan including Medical and Dental coverage
- New Health Savings Account
- Incentives for workplace wellness and health
- And even an incentive for getting to work in an environmentally friendly way
- All staff must be fully vaccinated
If you believe you are qualified and would like to join the Urban Impact team please fill out the form below.
- All offers of employment are conditional upon the successful completion of a pre-hire background check
- Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted
Urban Impact is a dynamic workplace with a culture that values and promotes learning opportunities. We promote within and have a referral bonus program.
We are a close-knit group, all motivated to work diligently to meet the high expectations of our customers. We strive to make the company a rewarding place to work, where employees feel that they are doing meaningful work and their contributions make a difference.
We offer an exciting, motivating and challenging team environment to fully develop your individual potential. To support continuing growth, we are looking for people with ideas, people who make a difference and are focused on being the best.
We would like to thank you for your interest in Urban Impact. Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Offers of employment are dependent upon the satisfactory results arising from the required security screening for this position:
- Review of the National Safety code Driver's Abstract (N Print)
- Reference Verification
- Criminal Records background check