Do you know how much waste you are generating or what’s in your waste?
To ensure success in your recycling program, you should undertake an audit of your current waste management practices. Urban Impact’s experienced waste audit team can help you identify what waste materials you can recycle and how you can implement an improved program of recycling. A detailed waste audit may reveal unknown opportunities to cut your carbon footprint, increase your diversion rate, and even save you money!
Urban Impact’s Waste Audit program is Good for – people who want to benchmark current recycling rates or to increase their diversion rate. Boost Your Bottom Line with a Waste Audit!
What is a Waste Audit?
A waste audit is an investigation of your existing waste management system. It involves:
- collecting a waste sample
- sorting and weighing its different components
- leveraging the findings to guide your decision-makers to the most effective and cost-efficient waste diversion solutions.
Our Waste Audit is Tailored for Each Customer
Every site is different, so we tailor our audits to each individual customer. You choose how much waste you want audited and the different waste streams, site divisions and material categories you want looked at. We can do the audit at our recycling facility. If you want your staff to see the waste audit or even participate, we’ll come to your site and do it right before your eyes!
Find out what is in your waste! Let Urban Impact conduct a detailed waste audit. We’ll help you determine the types of waste you are producing (i.e. paper, plastics and metals).
Waste Audit Benefits
There are many benefits from conducting a waste audit, here are just a few:
- Gain a better understanding of your waste: know what you generate, how much you generate and where you generate it
- Benchmark current and potential diversion rates in order to monitor progress
- Distinguish between high and low performing sections of your building(s) or facility
- Identify the highest-potential, most cost-effective opportunities for increased source-reduction, reuse, and recycling
- Increase internal awareness about waste generation and environmental issues
- Enhance community and improve image and business relationships
- Reduce solid waste management costs
- Acquire points towards LEED and other environmental certification programs
- Acquire current waste generation and diversion statistics for reporting purposes
- Comply with corporate environmental requirements
- Get closer to achieving zero waste!
Waste Audit Report
Following the audit we will prepare an official waste audit report that contains:
- A project overview
- Waste composition and diversion statistics
- Easy-to-understand charts and tables
- A photographic summary
- Recommendations for improving your existing system.
What’s Different about Urban Impact’s Waste Audit
We are not a consulting firm that will just give you the report and collect a check. We are a full-service recycling company, and as such we can:
- help you implement our recommendations
- improve your waste management system.
Want to get to get a better idea of your waste management system but don’t think sorting all your garbage apart is necessary? No problem. Urban Impact offers a full range of waste auditing services, from a simple visual inspection of waste containers and signage, to an in depth composition study of every piece of your garbage…within a sample period of course!
How much time and effort does a Waste Audit take?
The time and effort needed depends on the depth and scope of the audit. Urban Impact can develop a tailored waste audit process that suits your waste volume and current recycling efforts. We recognize that information is costly- we’ll work with you to recommend the right depth of a study.
As a leading provider of specialized waste management and recycling solutions, Urban Impact has the experience, capability and expertise to provide comprehensive waste auditing services. We’re committed to providing clear and accurate analysis, with meaningful and attainable recommendations to improve your waste diversion goals.
Urban Impact can help your organization identify ways to reduce waste and enhance its recycling efforts and determine the potential for cost savings.